Mitchell Family August 2015

Mitchell Family August 2015

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Our First Place

We are packing up and moving away!  It is bittersweet to think about all of the familiar, wonderful things that we will miss about our first year together as newlyweds.

We lived in a cozy little two bedroom condo in Park Avenue Condos.  We rented from the world's best landlords, Mike and Melissa Summers.  We are so grateful to have their friendship in our lives!

When we moved in, we were a little sparse in the furniture department.  We had my bed, an old bookshelf, a desk, a secondhand kitchen table with four chairs and the settle table my Grandpa Martin had made for me.  (What a luxury furnished rentals had been!)  It took us a little over a year to get to where we were when these photos were taken in late May.  There were still so many projects to do and things to hang, but this was a good start for our first year.

One of my favorite projects that Andrew and I worked on was our "kitchen command center."  I brainstormed this sucker for months!  I kept comparing boards and looking at clocks and letter "Ms."  Way too much work for this little thing, but I was ecstatic with the results!

 
I was only able to fully complete the kitchen and the bathroom in the short time we lived there.  But I loved how cozy a completed room made our home feel. 


 
 

 
We lived at: 1475 S. 110 E. Orem, Utah
We worked at: Excel Eye Center in Provo (Andrew) and Family Legacy Dental in Orem & Huntington Family Dental in Santaquin (Jess)
We worshipped at: Cherry Hill 6th ward with Bishop John Keele in the Cherry Hill stake
We served as: Young Men's First Counselor (Andrew) and Compassionate Service Leader (Jessica)
We got together with: Chris & Amy Silva, Clay & Haley George, Katie & Dustin Locke, Katie & Dustin Hofheins, Eric & Lyndsi Espinel, Jake & Diana Rothfels, Derek & Krista Hill, Mike & Tara Hall, Seth & Brooke Merrill, Connor & Christina MacArthur, Scottie & Lara Wilson, Scott & Morgan Allen (and many, many more!)


1 comment:

  1. I'm still reading! You sure have a talent for decor. :) Keep the blog posts coming!

    ReplyDelete