Mitchell Family August 2015

Mitchell Family August 2015

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Cambria | Ten Months (December 2014)

The reality of our monthly photo shoots:
Ten months!

Cambria is learning new things and growing so quickly these days!  It can be a little overwhelming for me to keep track of!

On December 1, I discovered her left maxillary central incisor coming through.  That evening during dinner, Andrew discovered her right maxillary central incisor erupting as well.  And three days later, we finally could peek inside Cambria's mouth and see her right maxillary lateral incisor.  Four top teeth at once?  No wonder our house has had so many sleepless nights!

As Cambria and I were grocery shopping on December 1, she kept waving "hi" to the other shoppers.  It's so funny because she waves with her hand facing herself.  The next morning she waved "bye bye" to Andrew as he left for school.

December 8, I got Cambria up from her afternoon nap and she was making all kinds of funny faces with her tongue sticking out.  She now likes to stick out her tongue and make it do silly things.
Cambria loves to cruise all around the house and would much rather do that than play with toys.  She goes back and forth everywhere like a polar bear at the zoo!  She first makes her way from the toy chest to our game bookshelf to pull off 13 Dead End Drive, Chess, and Twister.  She will go into our bedroom and unspool the ribbon in my stationary pile.  She likes to knock all of my CKU mini scrapbooks down.  Then it's off to our bookshelf where Percy Jackson experiences her aggressive curiosity five times over.  Once the bedroom becomes boring, it's off around the kitchen with a stop in the dining room to play with (read: eat) the doorstopper and then on to her nursery.  She may reach through the slats of her crib while passing by and snag her paci before trying to figure out how to pull the iPod off of the charging deck (especially if it is playing music at the time).  There is a bit of respite in her adventuring when she pauses at her bedroom window to yank on the curtains and knock on the glass, then around and out to our front room again where she can rummage through the drawers and shelves of our entertainment center.
No room to add this queen considering she already has a pawn stuffed in her mouth
Cambria is getting more adventurous in standing on her own.  She loves to practice throughout the day and on December 14, she stood alone in the Malones living room for over five seconds!

Cambria loves to clap.  She loves the song "Jingle Bells" and will clap along and bounce up and down.  Sometime she shakes her head to dance as well.  At the end of a song, she will clap for you.  She gets excited and throws her hands up in the air.

I'm working with Cambria to say "Ho, ho, ho!" every time I say "Merry Christmas" to her.  She does it about half of the time.  She likes to make the sound of a monkey, too.

I like to take Cambria around to do some Christmas window shopping when we have a free hour or two.

Looking at the Christmas trees after grocery shopping:
"Big Bird's gone."
With Cambria's cute red winter coat and her somber expression, she reminds me of "Patty" from Christmas Eve on Sesame Street:
Reading books at the bookstore:
Playing with the toys at the Hallmark store:
Bumbles may bounce, but Cambria's BITE!
Cambria loves to laugh!  She cackles all day long.  She is definitely her Gigi's great-granddaughter.  My Grandma Isenbarger (my "Pooma" and Cambria's "Gigi") is known for her joy and laughter.  Cambria sounds just like her.  Cambria especially likes to laugh after sneezes and coughs.  Those two things crack her up!
That one time I took Cambria to play at the Forest Library in 40-degree weather and I realized that I had forgotten her shoes AND socks:
But her bow?  Of course I remembered her bow!
Cambria had many more developmental milestones at ten months old but I will just include those in the next post since it all happened over Christmas vacation.

1 comment: