Mitchell Family August 2015

Mitchell Family August 2015

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Week 32

32 Weeks!!!
This week, Andrew and I participated in our ward’s original Christmas musical “Picture A Christmas.”  We were thrilled to play the parts of Mary (because I am pregnant) and Joseph (because Andrew is the only guy in the ward with a beard—they ended up double-casting him as Jesus as well!)  It brought back many memories of my time growing up in the Champaign First Ward and performing each Christmas with David & Charis Duke. 

I think since we are expecting Baby Girl, it made the story of the birth of the Savior even more poignant to us.  I was definitely teary as we performed but at the same time, I understood what absolute JOY Mary must have felt as a new mother.  It was an incredible experience for our family!



 


At Church the next day, little Rachel Bingham tapped me on the shoulder to get my attention.  “That was a wonderful play last night!” she said.  Then she looked at me quizzically and looked at my tummy before asking skeptically, “Was that your real baby that you were holding?”

No comments:

Post a Comment