Mitchell Family August 2015

Mitchell Family August 2015

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Week 28

This week I had another check with Dr. Cherian at Women’s Health Center.  Baby Girl is measuring right on track with my/her(?) fundal height at 28 cm.  My blood pressure is still high every time I have it taken at the doctor’s office and this week was no exception: 132/77.  It’s normal if I check it anywhere else.  I have gained 19 pounds but I try not to think about it too much.  Baby Girl’s heart rate was 160 (probably thanks to the yummy orange drink I had to take to screen for gestational diabetes.)  I passed PS!  I have to admit that I was a little worried with the amount of chocolate I have been consuming during my pregnancy.  My hemoglobin was 13.1 which means no iron-deficiency anemia.  Hooray!

Switching gears, I wanted to share some anecdotes from Primary.  I really love my calling!  I had no idea I would enjoy teaching Singing Time so much.

Below is an email I received from Natasha Manning.  Her son Grant is in Nursery and Haven is a Sunbeam.

“Thanks so much for all you do to teach the kids these beautiful Primary songs.  The other Sunday after Church, Grant was singing to the top of his lungs, ‘Book of Mormons in the sky...’  I guess you all had been singing Book of Mormon Stories and Twinkle, Twinkle!  And the other day Haven was singing, ‘I know when I am baptized, my lungs are washed away.’  I busted up laughing!”

And the other night we went over to play games with Chris and Lauren Malone and Lauren was telling me that her boys, Ethan and Tanner, who are six and four were singing “For Health And Strength” at the top of their lungs nonstop on the way home from Church that week. 

It makes me laugh to hear those stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment