In some ways, this pregnancy is starting to fly by and I am having a hard time keeping track of the many milestones we have achieved.
Needless to say, we are OVERJOYED to be parents. Truly. This is a blessing that we thank our Father in Heaven for constantly. We are thrilled that we have this sweet miracle in our lives.
When Andrew and I first started talking about beginning our family, I was the reluctant one. Andrew felt that we were ready but I was dragging my feet a bit. Honestly, I never enjoyed baby-sitting. At all. But it was a good way to make extra money. I don't really have a natural way with kids. I do like to hold babies that are content. But once they start crying, back to Mommy & Daddy they go. (This is why I think it is HILARIOUS that I was called to be the Primary chorister in our ward.)
Something changed in me the moment I saw that very first positive pregnancy test. Sure, there was mostly shock and I needed some time to process that it was really, really, really REAL but after that I had a complete change of heart. I was so in love with our baby and so excited to be a Mom!!!!
Baby Girl is still nameless. I still make lists and try names out on her but nothing has stuck yet.
Week 26 brought what I call the "stretchy kicks" where she likes to extend her arms or legs and I get a spooky protrusion from the side of my belly that I quickly push back down. It makes me laugh!
I also have started having Braxton Hicks contractions. Nothing major and nothing that hurts or is alarming but nearly daily I feel a tightening in my abdomen.
She still has the hiccups rather frequently. I can count on those a few times a day--especially in the evenings--and that is a good/predictable time for Andrew to feel her in there.
The ol' turkey timer popped (ew, grooooooooooooss!) At about week 24, Andrew & I made guesses as to when it would be. I said Week 26. He said Week 30. I am actually a little sad that I was right.
Week 27 brought the "Loch Ness Monster" phase. It's funny to watch Baby Girl move in my belly from one side to the other. She just kind of rolls around and my stomach makes funny little waves. I can feel so much more of her now. I can feel her stretch arms and legs at the same time (but I can't tell which is which--just that they are opposite ends).
I just love her so very much. I was reading an article online that quoted the actress Kristen Bell as saying about her daughter, "It could've been a water bottle in my belly, that's about how connected I felt to her during my pregnancy" (Flare magazine, December 2013). I was shocked! When I told Andrew about the quote, he laughed. That is definitely NOT how I feel about our sweet Baby Girl. I am always chatting with her, singing to her, patting my tummy...
These photos were taken before Church at about 26 1/2 weeks. Baby Girl (& Mama!) is getting so big! Oh, the beloved #bathroomselfie. Thank you Instagram, for that.
Best news we got this week is that Baby Girl has ANOTHER cousin on the way. Curt & Vanessa are expecting at the end of April. FOUR ISENBARGER COUSINS?! Can you think of anything more fun? We can't wait to see all the expectant moms over Thanksgiving week.
No comments:
Post a Comment