October 11-12, Andrew had a Physical Therapy conference in Richmond. He was elected by his class this summer to be the student representative to the American Physical Therapy Association.
Our friends, Tyler and Bre Okoren, are in Richmond while Tyler completes his MHA at VCU. They were so kind to let us stay with them and show us around Richmond.
We had quite a rainy day for touring. We started at St. John's Church where Patrick Henry declared, "Give me liberty or give me death!" at the Second Virginia Convention in the company of Thomas Jefferson and George Washingon.
After that, we went downtown to see the White House of the Confederacy where Jefferson Davis lived with his family during the Civil War. We skipped the tours and had Tyler & Bre fill us in on all the details. I guess I am just too spoiled by FREE Church History sites to want to fork over $20 a site for a 45-minute tour. I'll just catch what I missed on Wikipedia. I wish I was more patriotic. Wah-wah.
It started to really pour and made touring kind of a bust so we grabbed some lunch at the Mellow Mushroom (uh-mazing pizza coupled with the slo-o-o-o-o-owest service known to mankind) and then decided to check out Richmond's Parade of Homes.
I wish I had taken more photos (especially of us with the Okorens) but I think we were just having too much fun to slow down and snap any more pix. We really loved Richmond. I was in heaven with the shopping (thank you, Short Pump!) and loved having a few more restaurants to chose from. We can't wait to go back!
No comments:
Post a Comment