No photos but a few highlights from this week of pregnancy:
Baby Girl must be going through a growth spurt because two times in three days, I woke up in the middle of the night to eat. And not just a nibble or a tiny snack (the "handful of almonds" recommended by my pregnancy phone apps) but a full-blown reheating of leftovers from dinner. I made a breakfast quiche this week and that seemed to hit the spot. Nom nom nom!
I had a doctor's visit with Dr. Cherian. We really, really like him a lot and would recommend him to anyone in this area that has to go to Women's Health Services (since there is no other choice in Lynchburg or the surrounding area). This clinic has a lot of policies and protocol that are not individually tailored to patients which is something I disagree with morally and ethically, but what can you do with no other options?
One of the policies they have in place are all of the pre-visits and lab work that you do before you even meet your doctor. Now that I am 24 weeks, Dr. Cherian finally TOUCHED me today. He measured Baby Girl's fundal height (24 cm on the dot) and listened to her heartbeat--both for the first time. Hooray! So fun to hear her little heartbeat beating strongly at 144 BPM.
Dr. Cherian's wife is also an OB who will begin practicing at Women's Health Services after a lengthy maternity leave with twins. I think Dr. Cherian must attract multiples since I overheard that the woman he saw before me had spontaneously conceived identical triplets. Chances of that occurring (naturally and all three identical) are extremely rare and probably the only set Dr. Cherian will see like that in his entire career.
No comments:
Post a Comment