#5 Caramel Apple Explosion
There was a recipe posted on Pinterest for something called "Apple Nachos." It sounded and looked awesome. I really like caramel apples but they are just too much work and I think they are too hard to eat. THIS is the solution. However, I didn't like the name "Apple Nachos." It's still up for debate. I thought I would try the name "Caramel Apple Explosion" for a bit to see if that's more appropriate.
First, here is a tip for keeping your apple slices from turning brown:
After slicing your apples, put them in a container and cover with cold water (I use water directly from my pitcher in the refrigerator). Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of salt over all of that. Put the lid on the container and set in the fridge to chill. You probably don't have to chill them for too long but both times I did it, they ended up sitting in the water for about an hour. When you are ready to eat your apples, just drain them and serve. I had some leftover slices the first night I tried this and I just sealed up the apples in a sandwich baggie and ate them the next day because they still were not brown! This really works!
Okay, here is the recipe:
CARAMEL APPLE EXPLOSION
4 large Jonathan apples
½ c. caramel dip for apples
Magic Shell chocolate ice cream topping
¼ c. crushed peanuts
1 Skor candy bar, crushed
¼ c. mini chocolate chips
Slice apples and arrange on platter. Pour caramel dip over apples. Drizzle with chocolate ice cream topping and sprinkle with peanuts, candy bar and mini chocolate chips. Place in freezer for 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
Doesn't that look delicious???
A few things...
1. Prepare your apple slices so that they don't brown. Otherwise your dessert will not look as pretty. And it's all about presentation, right?
2. We liked using caramel dip for apples instead of caramel ice cream topping.
3. The Magic Shell was the bomb. Seriously. So good and so fun. The first time we made them, we used chocolate syrup and it just wasn't as tasty.
4. Vary your toppings by using anything that would top an ice cream sundae or caramel apple. The possibilities are endless!
#6 Watch "The Goonies"
Enough said. Why isn't this on everyone's Fall Bucket List?
I found you! I was looking at Kristin's Blog and saw that she had a link to yours; so I read "the latest" with the Mitchells. How fun! Thanks for the recipes. I am planning on trying them, they sound yummy! I think that you guys are having too much fun -- not possible, you can never have too much, right? Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete