For example, last night, we pulled up Helaman on the Gospel Library app.
Andrew began to read:
Meanwhile, I start snickering to myself (I think I am soooooooooooo funny!) and my fingers are flying across the screen as I pull up the LDS Music app:
Don't worry. There is a "play music" button.
Suddenly, Andrew is reading along to the blaring sounds of a viola. I decide to sing along in my most operatic voice as Andrew's dramatic reading escalates. Pretty soon we are just cracking each other up over this.
And this isn't the first time something like this has happened. There was that one time I pulled up a musical montage of the Primary song "Faith" complete with photographs of flowers and children on YouTube while Andrew read Alma 32 aloud.
And then there was the night we were reading about Captain Moroni in Alma 43. Ooo la la. I love Captain Moroni. I used to beg my early morning seminary teachers to let us watch the Captain Moroni seminary video.
Dang Will Swenson. Why'd you have to go straight apostate on us?
But it wasn't enough to watch it on our phones this time. After we read the Captain Moroni chapters, Andrew indulged me by watching with me on the big screen AKA our TV. It's a pretty sweet cinematic marvel that has not stood the test of time very well but, oh, the high school memories!
Even as this scalp has fallen to the earth...SO SHALL YE FALL...
ReplyDelete