I
was a roller coaster of emotions. This
pregnancy just wasn’t going to work out.
I knew it. No symptoms. None.
But I had been cramping rather heavily which had led me to believe just
days earlier that I was going to be starting my period.
At
this same time, I was offered a dental hygiene position at Forest Dental
Center. I was able to negotiate three
days a week while we were still getting settled in Lynchburg. That was a real plus.
| Our family of THREE at Andrew's White Coat Ceremony |
In
the meantime, Andrew began school at Lynchburg College in the Doctor of
Physical Therapy program. There was a
white coat ceremony for his classmates at a beautiful chapel on campus. He looked so studly in his new white
coat! We took a picture together (of the
three of us) and in my heart sprang the beginnings of hope for our new little
family. I thought about what our lives
could be like in the next three years of his program.
Andrew
is doing so well in school. He loves his
professors, his classmates, the curriculum and he is so excited to be doing
something that he loves. He has become
such a nerd! The guy will study until
midnight and be up by six the next morning to study more. He spends the day in classes and the anatomy
lab. He is busy! He excels at his exams and his hard work is
truly paying off.
It
has been an adjustment for our relationship.
He is very busy with school and I am very busy not doing anything. About mid-month, I developed “morning” (what
I meant to write was “all day and night”) sickness. In a fabulous way. I am glad that I remain an overachiever in
all aspects of my Type A life. I hopped
aboard the Pukester Express and haven’t looked back. So in addition to Andrew’s crush of school
work, let’s throw in laundry, grocery shopping, cooking, errands, cleaning the
house, etc. I manage to drag myself out
of bed to work three times a week only to come home just as quickly and get
back into bed.
| More photos from Andrew's White Coat Ceremony at Lynchburg College |
Yup, I read everything. Andrew is so great. You guys really are meant to be together. I miss hearing your day to day stuff. I'm glad you're such a consistent blogger.
ReplyDelete