Mitchell Family August 2015

Mitchell Family August 2015

Friday, October 3, 2014

Fall Bucket List: Drumheller's Orchard Apple Festival

Last year, our family went to Gross Orchard in Apply Valley, Virginia (fitting) to pick apples for the season.  We got there a little late in the season so many of the trees were picked over and we had trouble figuring out which apples were where throughout the orchard.

This year our family decided to try Drumheller's Orchard in Lovingston, Virginia.  We picked the Saturday that they were hosting an apple festival (September 27).  There was bluegrass music, fried Oreos and Brunswick Stew (I still haven't tried any!) and bins of apples to choose from in the warehouse.  Unfortunately, the owners weren't having customers go out into the orchard to pick their own apples which is what we had been hoping to do.  Bummer!

We went with Andrew's classmate, Jordan Molstre, his wife, Meredith and the wife of another classmate, Kate Cook.  Jesse Cook stayed behind to map out developmental milestones for a Pediatric Physical Therapy class the guys are taking this year. Not as much fun but probably more useful than our morning excursion.

The highlight of the trip was the hay ride out to the pumpkin patch where Meredith picked her own mini pumpkin.  Cambria was starting to get a little hungry and tired so Kate took over entertaining her.  I can't believe that I forgot to bring a hat for Cambria!  I thought we would be in the shade more than we were.  I didn't remember that apple trees aren't really tall, shady trees.
Meredith and Jordan Molstre, Kate Cook
Melting down in 3...2...1...
Not the cutesy photo I had envisioned--maybe something to do with hay stuck in her diaper?

2 comments:

  1. Man, Cambria is such a cutie. I can't wait to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her eating the apple! Such a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete