Mitchell Family August 2015

Mitchell Family August 2015

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Fall Bucket List: Fall Munch Mix

I love Fall treats!  Especially Fall snacky-type treats that I can graze on throughout the day.

I knew I had a winner with this year's Fall Munch Mix when Andrew--who has no "snack radar" whatsoever--was busting this out during late night study sessions.  What do I mean by "snack radar"?  Perhaps the following question will allow you to gauge your own personal "snack radar."  Do you know exactly what, where and how much of each snack/junk food/treat/goodie you have in the house (or car/garage/office--let's not be choosy) at any given moment?  Because I do.  I have an exceptionally precise personal "snack radar."  My husband on the other hand usually asks me if we still have any chocolate chip cookies left approximately seven weeks after said cookies were baked.  Um, really?  Do you expect me to stay home all day and not eat my body weight in chocolate chips regularly?!  I have probably made and eaten three batches of cookies ALL BY MYSELF in that seven weeks!

Anyway.  Fall Munch Mix.  Yummy.
There aren't really any hard and fast measurements for this treat--just add as little or as much as you would like of some of everything.  The base for this snack mix is cheese crackers.  Add in pretzel windows and Goldfish crackers and a generous helping of honey roasted peanuts.  Since I like my mix more salty than sweet I only use a handful of Rolos candies, Reese's Pieces, and candy corn (Brach's--please no substitutions AND none of that spin-off candy corn autumn mix garbage) to finish it.

As we were eating this scrumptious medley, Andrew and I brainstormed other goodies that we could toss in: Bugles, Ritz mini sandwiches (peanut butter or cheese), and maybe even mini marshmallows.  I learned the hard way not to publicly solicit input.  I'm looking at you, Lindsay Miller.  I won't be adding refried beans anytime EVER so no thanks for that suggestion.

I will warn you that this treat is HIGHLY ADDICTIVE.  One afternoon while Cambria was napping, I sat down on the couch to read with a nice big bowl of this tasty snack.  After about three pages of munching, the bowl was empty and I still had 425 pages left in my book.  Oops.

{By the by, may I take a moment to declare that I have joined the bandwagon that perpetually hates the final book in any Young Adult series?  Because I do.  And Allegiant, you were no exception to that rule.  Big WAH-WAH on how that all ended.}
FALL MUNCH MIX:
  • cheese crackers
  • pretzel windows
  • Goldfish crackers
  • honey roasted peanuts
  • Rolo's candy
  • Reese's Pieces
  • candy corn

1 comment: