The best thing about the month of August is that I won't be pregnant for much longer! My due date is August 21 but here's hoping Baby Boy decides to come even earlier than that.
Ever since Andrew got home, he has been a one-man show at home. He takes care of Cambria, runs all of the errands, keeps the house running, etc. I am left with nothing to do except sit around on the couch and complain about how uncomfortable I feel or nap.
It's been fun to see the cute daddy-daughter relationship that is emerging from his time spent with C. This is a fun game they made up when Cambria jumps on our guest bed in the nursery:
I am still working on Fridays and so the two of them have the entire day together to be silly. This is a video Andrew sent to me when he got out of the shower one morning:
He said he felt terrible for her because she seemed so distraught but like any good parent, he had to take a video of it first.
Cambria likes to come up behind us and give us a hug from the back while saying, "Awwwwww!" I don't know where she came up with that but that is the only way she gives hugs. On August 1, she added an audible kiss to that as well when she came up to Andrew and gave him a sweet hug and kiss. She must be glad to have Daddy home!
On Saturday, August 8, I wanted to take some photographs of Cambria since she is now 18 months old. Unfortunately, the lighting, the timing, and the model weren't as cooperative as I had hoped. But at least the dress was adorable!
After snapping a few photos, we changed into our swimsuits and spent the afternoon at the swimming pool. I would say she has warmed up nicely to the pool this summer. And as a side note, all summer Andrew and I have been trying to ascertain exactly what purpose a swim diaper serves. In the beginning, we naively believed it would contain our child's "output" and therefore be a blessing to all at the pool we swim in. That hasn't really been the case.
Here's something I think all parents can relate to because this must happen a dozen times every Sunday: in the chapel at Church, Cambria pops up from the floor chewing something and saying, "Mmmmmmm!" What makes it even more cringe-worthy is that we have the first block at 9 AM so these Cheerios and Fruit Loops and lint balls are a week old.
Cambria loves to point out paintings of Jesus at our Church building and in our home. The two of us were watching "Frozen" together one morning and during the scene where Anna is singing in the palace art gallery, there is a painting that is reminiscent of Da Vinci's "The Last Supper" and Cambria excitedly explained, "Jesus!" It was hilarious!
Andrew worked hard with Cambria to help her finish reading her 1000 books for the Forest Library challenge. She gets a name plate placed in a children's book at the library to commemorate the occasion.
It's so fun to teach Cambria goofy things to do. Some of the things that she has mastered this summer are:
Ever since Andrew got home, he has been a one-man show at home. He takes care of Cambria, runs all of the errands, keeps the house running, etc. I am left with nothing to do except sit around on the couch and complain about how uncomfortable I feel or nap.
Cambria likes to come up behind us and give us a hug from the back while saying, "Awwwwww!" I don't know where she came up with that but that is the only way she gives hugs. On August 1, she added an audible kiss to that as well when she came up to Andrew and gave him a sweet hug and kiss. She must be glad to have Daddy home!
On Saturday, August 8, I wanted to take some photographs of Cambria since she is now 18 months old. Unfortunately, the lighting, the timing, and the model weren't as cooperative as I had hoped. But at least the dress was adorable!
| Jumping |
| Floating on her tummy |
| We call her the Michael Jordan of jumping into the pool! |
Cambria loves to point out paintings of Jesus at our Church building and in our home. The two of us were watching "Frozen" together one morning and during the scene where Anna is singing in the palace art gallery, there is a painting that is reminiscent of Da Vinci's "The Last Supper" and Cambria excitedly explained, "Jesus!" It was hilarious!
Andrew worked hard with Cambria to help her finish reading her 1000 books for the Forest Library challenge. She gets a name plate placed in a children's book at the library to commemorate the occasion.
- The "Kevin McAllister" AUGH face from Home Alone
- She gives herself a pep talk by chanting "good girl-good girl-good girl!"
- Raises the roof every time "Shut Up and Dance" by Walk the Moon comes on the radio--this song has become Andrew and my song this summer since we met at a dance
- Dances and sings, "ma-ma-ma-ma-ma" (I don't know where she came up with this one)
- Exclaims "Yes!" while pumping her fist
That's the first ten days of the month. The next day, we had an unexpected surprise that deserves it's own blog post!
No comments:
Post a Comment