Mitchell Family August 2015

Mitchell Family August 2015

Monday, August 10, 2015

Fourth of July Week | 2015 | Part 2

The next day was Saturday, July 4. Cambria helped Julie make her stepping stone and then took an awesome morning nap (this girl has gotten so worn out on this trip!) before we drove to Aunt Jenny for her annual Fourth of July pitch-in potluck and Bocce Ball Tournament.
The pants were going to come off eventually!
Todd (first), Cole (second), and Curt (third) in our bocce ball tournament
'Merica!
We drove back to West Lafayette and plopped the kiddos in the kiddie pool to entertain them until dinner. I had bought some glow sticks from the dollar spot at Target that we played with as well.
At the end of a long, messy, sweaty day, I tossed Cambria and her glow sticks in the bath tub for a nice soak. 
That night--oh, that night! Cambria decided she didn't want to sleep. At all. I finally FaceTimed Andrew around 3:30 AM to tell him I had had it (my second COMPLETE MELTDOWN of the trip). She finally settled down a little after 5:30 for a few hours and then I gave her some breakfast and passed her off to my family. So Sunday consisted of me absolutely checked out from parenting and trying to get some rest and Cambria being entertained by my family.
Stealing snacks from cousin Ian
An impromptu parade before Grammy puts away her patriotic decorations
On Monday, July 6, we took the kids to Tropicanoe Cove. My idea of heaven includes a lazy rizer. They even had double floats with a spot for really little kids that wasn't open to the water. Cambria did great hanging out with all of us. We just hooked arms and went around and around only stopping to re-fuel at the snack shack for our next session of lazy river floating.

I insisted that we walk across the street to the Frozen Custard so that I could get my chocolate custard fix for the summer. Yum. Another sticky, sweaty day meant back in the kiddie pool for Cambria.
Our last full day of our trip was on Boompa's birthday. Trinity, JC, and Grammy picked up an Olaf inflatable pool chair while they were out picking up gifts. Everyone loved it!
Boompa with some of his grandkids

Grammy's player piano was especially popular this time!
Oh, Cambria! This trip was quite the roller coaster for the two of us. But I love you my spunky, sassy, crazy girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment