Mitchell Family August 2015

Mitchell Family August 2015

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Slow Cooker Cider

We have been rocking and rolling on our Fall Bucket List for this year!  Hopefully, I can get several updates out before we do even more things and I get even more behind about telling you all about them!

#9 Make Slow Cooker Cider

Who doesn't love the warm, yummy smell of hot cider?  This makes the whole house smell like Fall.  Sorry the photo is not the best but I took it quickly on my phone.  If I'm going to stick with this blogging thing than I better remember to get prettier pictures.

Here's the recipe:
SLOW COOKER CIDER
A holiday favorite that makes the house smell SO good.  This recipe is a combination of three different Food Network recipes, perfected by Sarah.  We have always found very sweet cider to use for this recipe, but if your cider is not quite sweet enough on its own, you can add about ¼ c. brown sugar.

2 cinnamon sticks                                                        1 t. whole cloves
1 t. whole allspice                                                       2 quarts apple cider                            
1 orange, sliced

Place cinnamon sticks, cloves and allspice in cheesecloth, and tie with string to form spice bag.  Pour cider in a slow cooker; add spice bag.  Place orange slices on top.  Cover and cook on low 2-5 hours. 

The perfect occasion for above-mentioned treat?  Priesthood Session Girls' Night Out--a tradition that dates back to my days in Illinois (Do you remember this Whitney Luke Kay? Elizabeth Morris? Jen Stubben Hatch? Tina Laughlin?)  We always watch a chick flick or two and eat delectable treats.  My sister, Lisa, has been AWESOME about carrying this tradition on with me and we have successfully hosted at Canyon Meadows SEVEN TIMES. 

Here's some fo the fun from this year:

I seriously love these girls and this tradition so much!  I'll let Lisa's blog fill in the rest...
October 6, 2012


1 comment:

  1. Oh man! I totally want to come to your girl's night out again!

    ReplyDelete