This is a tradition that I have been doing for several years now. I was able to dig up some photos of JC and Trinity making houses with me back in 2008. I know that we did it in 2007 as well but I just don't have photos.
Quite spectacular, huh? In those days it was all about eating the icing and loading up your house with as much candy as it could hold. I think Trinity won this year.
This is Andrew & my MASTERPIECE from last year (Halloween 2011)
So it was with supreme confidence that we tackled this Fall Bucket List item. Our first Monday in October seemed like a good time to do it--we could assemble it for our Family Home Evening activity.
I had to drive around a bit to find a kit. I couldn't find one I really liked, so I just ended up buying this one at Michael's. I had a 40% off coupon for it so it was really cheap. Can I just say how much I love stores that put their coupons on a mobile app? Both Jo-Ann's & Michaels do this and I love it.
By the way, DON'T buy this kit. It doesn't come with very many extras to decorate the house. I had some candy leftover from popcornpalooza that we used so that was lucky. Also, we had a really hard time getting the house assembled. It kept collapsing!
We gave up after doing half of the roof and decided to call it a night. Here's a side-by-side with the box:
Nailed it!


Hahahaha! I love the tribute to craft fail - nailed it! :)
ReplyDelete