Our server found a song on Spotify called "Happy Birthday, Andrew" (the band has 800 birthday songs with names) and they made Andrew a float with his choice of soda. Then we went back to our place to watch The Dark Knight Rises.
Saturday we went back to Station 22 with Devin, Katherine, & Clara for lunch. We also went to the BYU vs. Utah basketball game and it was a birthday miracle that BYU pulled out a win on that game. Ward Christmas party? Check. Two new paintings to hang in our home and signed by Greg Olsen? Check. Fresh Christmas tree from the neighborhood tree lot? Check. A good (and busy!) day.
Sunday night we had family over to celebrate. We made Ingrid Taylor's super secret and super yummy enchiladas verdes. I wish I could share the recipe but when I begged Ingrid for it, I swore I would never reveal it. I made a really easy key lime pie for Andrew that was the bomb. It made for some pretty pictures as well!
ANDREW’S BIRTHDAY KEY LIME PIE
Andrew
requested a key lime pie OUT OF THE BLUE for his 30th birthday. I found this recipe on allrecipes.com.
2 cans sweetened condensed milk ½ c. sour cream
¾ c. key lime juice 1
T. grated lime zest
9-inch prepared graham cracker crust 1 lime, sliced
Whipped cream Maraschino
cherries
In a medium bowl, combine condensed
milk, sour cream, lime juice, and lime zest. Mix well and pour into graham cracker crust. Bake at 350° for 5-8 minutes, until tine
pinhole bubbles burst on the surface of pie.
Do not brown. Chill pie
thoroughly before serving. Garnish with
lime slices, whipped cream and cherries.
Happy birthday, Andrew. I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment