It's December and now we get to turn our time and attention to our Christmas Bucket List for this year. It is a little smaller than our Fall Bucket List and still evolving as we think of more things to do but we'll get there.
You can follow our Christmas adventures this year on Instagram at #jamchristmas2012 (which is Jessica & Andrew Mitchell Christmas 2012 just much, much shorter).
I wanted to find the perfect copy of this book for our family so while I was busy scouring bookstores, Andrew downloaded it for free on the iPad and finished it before I even started. But we both really enjoyed reading it and I ended up finding a nice illustrated version with the complete text that will make for great fireside reading with our kiddos in the future.
2. Get nogged
Andrew loves egg nog and I like it, too, so for our first FHE in December I made up some homemade egg nog. This stuff is the bomb. Promise.
GRANDMA’S EGG
NOG
This recipe is adapted from Grandma
Martin’s original recipe. You cook it so
that the egg nog is pasteurized and safe to drink. The first time I made this, EVERYONE was
skeptical. But it was amazingly good and
even the “non-noggers” liked it.
4
c. milk 5
whole cloves
2
½ t. vanilla, divided 1
t. ground cinnamon
12
egg yolks 1
½ c. sugar
1
pint whipping cream 1
pint half and half
Nutmeg
My family has the same Christmas Carol copy!!! I love it so much. Mom read it to us all the time. :)
ReplyDeleteI love all of these new posts! And love the illustrated copy of the book...we don't have that one but it's one that I need to make a part of our library too!
ReplyDelete