This Thanksgiving, we flew up to Washington to spend a few days with Andrew's family. (We still haven't figured out how we are going to divide up the holidays between our families!)
I had to work Wednesday and so we flew out late that night. Thank heavens it is only a two hour flight!
Holla! I found some good reading material at the airport!
We had a great Thanksgiving dinner Thursday afternoon. The family was all together and we did our Mitchell tradition of saying three things that we were all thankful for that year as represented by three candy corns on our plates. This year the things I am thankful for are:
1. Andrew (obviously!)
2. The gospel of Jesus Christ--a plan that allows us not only salvation but exaltation
3. Temples to serve and worship in--where Andrew and I were sealed together for time AND ALL ETERNITY
My favorite tradition of all is that the guys do all of the clean up after dinner
After dinner, KK, Rachel and I made a quick but necessary run to the nearest convenience store for a serious fix of fountain Dr. Pepper. Mama Mitchell does not support caffeinated beverages, however, a night without any sleep necessitates this sweet treat. PS. It was my birthday.
This is my #4 thing I am thankful for
I was so happy that I got to talk to all of my family that day. We chatted with them on Google+ after dinner for an hour. We were laughing so hard. I love my family so much and I am so thankful that they all took the time to chat with me and make me feel like I was a part of their day. I really missed spending Thanksgiving with them and can't wait to see them for Christmas!
We also celebrated my birthday that evening. Everyone went out of their way to make it extra special for me which I really appreciated. Andrew got me a book that I have been dropping hint after hint after hint that I wanted. He also made a video of our Great American Road Trip that we took this spring and as soon as I can, I will post it. It is awesome!
Laurie and Tom bought me a bracelet from Tiffany's that matches the one (pictured below) loaned to me by Lisa that I wore for my wedding. I cried because it means so much to me to have that bracelet and turn my "something borrowed" into such a keepsake!
Of course we had to celebrate Black Friday with a little shopping. I mean, I am a Mitchell now, right? We didn't go until later in the morning and so there weren't any lines we had to contend with. We just picked up some tech stuff from Costco that was a really good deal.
Then we all met at the bowling alley for dinner and a few games. I am still as terrible as ever but it was a really good time and another Mitchell family tradition for the holidays.
Saturday we had quite the day planned. Devin and Katherine wrote up a schedule for us and one look told me it was going to be a double Dr. Pepper day.
We went out to a tree farm to cut down our tree since we would be celebrating Christmas together today. It was so funny to see Devin and Andrew running all around looking for the perfect tree. I think us girls were just there for moral support.
In between football and basketball games, we decorated the tree. Andrew says that his family always listens to "The Chipmunks Christmas Album" so good thing I had it on my iPod so we could keep that tradition alive.
Lily hung all of the ornaments that we gave her in the same spot on the tree
Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas Mitchell Family!!!

Loved this post! It looks like you had a great Thanksgiving AND Christmas. I'm jealous that you've already opened presents.
ReplyDeleteAnd it was great talking to you two on Thanksgiving. See you soon!