The good news about this week is that I know I won't be pregnant forever. Week 38. Yikes. How about a little membrane stripping by Dr. Cherian for funsies? It wasn't as bad as I had heard it could be but it didn't seem to get the ball rolling either. It was worth a shot!
I have constant cramping and pelvic pressure but no Braxton-Hicks contractions. The pressure gets so bad that sometimes I just have to put my feet up. Speaking of which, I am putting my feet up a lot these days with how swollen I have gotten. I peel my socks off after work and there are some serious indents in my fleshy cankles. Ick.
Such cute decor!
Kate Cook and Meredith Molstre threw me a baby shower for Andrew's classmates. Kate & Meredith are the wives of Andrew's good friends Jesse & Jordan. Us marrieds kinda just stick together. This baby shower was super fun and it was great to celebrate with Andrew as well.
The theme was "Baby, it's Cold Outside!" There was a hot cocoa bar and cookies & treats galore. I tried to make pink frosted sugar cookie hearts for the party as well but they were a big time fail. And I cried about it. Ha ha!
His classmates illustrated an ABC book of Physical Therapy terms that was so cute!
We played an awesome game of Tellustrations that Kate tailored for a more baby-centered theme. It was hilarious! Especially since we were playing with a bunch of guys as well and so the interpretations got pretty far off base.
Meredith Molstre, Me, & Kate Cook. Please forgive me for looking so heinous.
Name suggestions from Andrew's classmates
My sweet co-workers at Forest Dental Center threw me an awesome baby shower luncheon. I had so much fun with everyone! So much fun that I forgot to take any photos. Bummer! As generous as they were with all of their sweet and thoughtful gifts, the greatest gift they gave me was a pass on writing "thank you" cards. Wow. Remind me to pass that gift along to every other mother-to-be I know.
I got a surprise in the mail this week--a "baby shower in a box" (a rather large box!) from my sweet Book Club in Utah. You Book Ends are the bestest ever! I was so overwhelmed by their thoughtfulness and generosity.
Look at all of this fun stuff!
As ready as I am physically to have this cute baby, I am not really prepared. Take for example the nursery...
This is not good. And what is all of my Christmas stuff doing in the nursery?
So it is time to get crack-a-lackin' on this mess. Andrew already did the crib with the help of the Malones. Next I found a dresser on craigslist.com for $40. It was just what I wanted so that I could put a changing table for Baby Girl on top. Andrew worked on the dresser with the help of his classmate, Jordan Molstre, during his school break.
Andrew hard at work sanding and painting the dresser
I also had a toy box that my dad had made me when I was a little girl that we sanded and painted to match everything else.
Crib, dresser, and toy box
Cute shelf paper I found to line the drawers and bottom of the toy box
It seemed that as soon as we got the furniture ready, I was overwhelmed by piles of gifts and other fun baby items that needed to go someplace. So I just kept shoving things into the nursery until it looked like this...
Okay, now where do we put everything?
We couldn't even open the door. I felt like Monica in that episode of Friends where she has the secret closet full of junk:
That was me. So for FHE, Andrew and I pulled everything out of the nursery and started putting it back properly. It was quite the project but we did it!
No comments:
Post a Comment