Mitchell Family August 2015

Mitchell Family August 2015

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Week 35

And just like every other blogger in the history of blogging it looks like I have some catching up to do!  I will just fast forward Weeks 35-39 and give you some highlights.  I find this incredibly ironic considering HOW MISERABLE AND SLOW that last month was.  Geez!

But first--as promised--some photos that Vanessa took over Thanksgiving break and when I was feeling footloose and fancy-free at 30 weeks:






My pregnant sisters-in-law & I: Vanessa (20 weeks), Me, Ashley (30 weeks) and Emily (34 weeks) 
Week 35 was the start of weekly OB visits for me.  My blood pressure was high when they checked at the beginning of the appointment--141/85--but once I stopped chatting it up with Dr. Cherian's sweet nurse, Dorothy, I got it down to 120/78.  My urine tested super high for glucose.  When I admitted that I had eaten a bowl of Frosted Flakes and had a glass of chocolate milk for breakfast the nurses laughed and said, "Well, that would do it!"  Baby girl's fundal height was between 33-34 and her heart rate was a strong 145 at this appointment.

Symptomatically this week, I haven't even had an inkling of Braxton-Hicks contractions.  But let me tell you what I DID notice: carpal tunnel syndrome.  Ugh!  I was taking a shower after work one night when my right hand got really tingly and red.  It felt kind of numb on my four fingers (not my thumb) for about 45 minutes afterwards.  I knew immediately what it was.  Over the next few days it spread to both hands and became a constant presence as it settled into all of my fingers except for my pinky finger.  I started wearing some sexy wrist guards to bed to see if that would help and maybe it did and maybe it didn't but I was good about wearing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment