Week 20 in my pregnancy finally brought the middle of the night dash to the bathroom. I had been pretty proud of myself up for resisting the urge until this point. I think our little baby girl gets a little wiggly when "her pillow" (AKA my bladder) get a little too firm for her so she starts giving it a few swift punches to shape it up and I end up running to the bathroom. Thankfully, it's only happening once every night but let's see how long that lasts.
Week 21 brought the sudden and obvious baby bumpage I had been anticipating. However, as quickly as it came, that cute little bump has continued to grow and rather quickly, too. Too quickly. I gotta slow this weight train down now or I will be in trouble.
This probably isn't helping:
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
This recipe is from Nancy McNabb and while it is a basic cookie recipe found on the back of any bag of chocolate chips, it is still my favorite of all time! I have so many memories of Sister McNabb making these for us while we were hanging out with our friends watching “Mystery Science Theatre 3000.”
½ c. butter-flavored shortening ½ c. butter
¾ c. brown sugar ¾ c. sugar
1 t. vanilla 2 eggs
2 ½ c. flour 1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt 2 ½ c. chocolate chips
Cream shortening, butter and sugars together. Add vanilla and eggs. Mix in flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually stir in chocolate chips. Roll into 2” balls and flatten on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350˚ for 8 minutes.
The trick is to use the butter-flavored shortening to get a nice, chewy, soft cookie. Use a Silpat cookie sheet liner on your baking sheet. If you don't have one already, run to your nearest Bed, Bath, and Beyond and buy one now. How have you been baking without one?! Let the cookies cool on the pan for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Ooey-gooey goodness! This batch is still going strong eight days later and for a pregnant woman and her grad school-stressed hubby, I'd say that's not too bad.
September 21, we got back to our Fall Bucket List.
5. Make Chex Mix
I looooooove Chex Mix! I whipped up a batch for the BYU v. Utah football game which I didn't end up watching because it started at 10:30 EST. I really, really, really hate Eastern Standard Time. For many, many reasons.
I don't know if I have included this recipe before, so here it is:
SPICY CHEX MIX
1 c. margarine 4 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 T. Creole seasoning 1½ t. garlic powder
1 t. onion powder 5 c. Corn Chex cereal
2 c. Rice Chex cereal 2 c. Wheat Chex cereal
2 c. premium mixed nuts (no peanuts) 1 c. pretzel crisps
Heat oven to 250° F. In ungreased large roasting pan, melt margarine in oven as it is preheating. Pour margarine into a bowl and add Worcestershire sauce, Creole seasoning, garlic powder and onion powder, mixing well. Pour mixture over cereal until evenly coated. Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on wax paper to cool, about 15 minutes. Mix in nuts and pretzel crisps and serve. Sprinkle with additional Creole seasoning after baking for extra spice.
We ended the month of September with a dash to and from Seattle for Jason and Rachel's wedding. It was gorgeous, it was fun, it was exhausting and we loved every minute of it. Sadly, we were having too much fun to slow down and snap a photo or two so I will have to steal a few from Kelli (my fellow preggo!) We love you both, Jason & Rachie. We are so glad that we are all one big, happy family!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment