Mitchell Family August 2015

Mitchell Family August 2015

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Week 20: Mitchell Baby Boy or Girl?

Hooray!  It was finally September 20 and we were ready to find out what we were having! 

All the cousins sent in their votes that morning!
Daddy voted!

Mommy voted!

Now we just needed to see what the ultrasound tech had to say.  We found out RIGHT AWAY.  You were extremely cooperative (and maybe a little lacking in grace) with your feet up over your head.

I saw your little cute tummy and exclaimed, "Is it a boy?"

Nope!  Sweet baby girl!!!!!!



Our ultrasound tech was extremely sweet and she patiently tried to show me those "three little lines" that tell us you are a girl.  I felt like Rachel from Friends ("Wait.  I lost it again!  I don't see it anymore!") 

We are so happy to have a little girl.  After we told Papa Mitchell, he said he was going to have to put a bounty out for the first Mitchell grandson!  We laughed about that one but are so happy to have a little baby girl on the way to join Uncle Cole and Aunt Emily's little girl.

You were measuring a little small but the anatomy scan was all normal.  You weigh about 11 oz. at this point.  I kept trying to push for a definite due date but since you were measuring small, they had you listed at February 11!  They won't change your due date since the 12-week crown to rump measurement is the most accurate way to predict a due date and that said February 5 or 6.  So February 6 it still is for us.

You were also a little more quiet at this ultrasound but I know it's because we caught you during your nap time.  You usually give me a break on all the kicking in the mid-afternoon. 

We think you are the sweetest thing in the world!
We decided to go celebrate with dinner at Texas Roadhouse.  We thought it would be the perfect place since that is where we went when we first moved to Lynchburg and I had my first craving for lemonade.

Halfway there, baby girl!

Our Facebook and Instagram announcement to family and friends

No comments:

Post a Comment