Mitchell Family August 2015

Mitchell Family August 2015

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Week 22: Baby Girl Lets Daddy Know She's There!

October 1 was an exciting night in the Mitchell family!  I have been trying and trying and nagging and pestering Andrew to write this post for the last three weeks to no avail so you will have to hear my boring view.  It would be much more exciting if Andrew shared.

We got back from Rachel and Jason's wedding and Andrew had three tests ahead of him that week.  He was stressed out!  Not only were we exhausted from our mad dash across the country and back for a fabulous wedding (in less than 40 hours), Andrew was studying like crazy and coming down with a little bug of some sort that he had picked up over the weekend.  So, Tuesday night, I knew he was at his limit.

We were lying in bed while Andrew studied Clinical Practice and I was reading my first Agatha Christie novel, "Midnight on the Orient Express."  I thought it would be a good pick for my Utah book club being Halloween and a mystery and a classic, etc.  I was wrong.  Sorry, Lisa.  Sorry, Book Ends.  Not my fave. 

I digress.

Baby Girl (which is what we have started calling her since we still have zero names on the drawing board) was particularly active that night.  She was just rocking and rolling in there.  This lady is such a little spitfire, I tell ya!

I have been desperate for Andrew to feel her move and so I grabbed his hand and held it below my belly button.  He was used to this behavior from me over the last few weeks.  But she gave a good strong nudge and I asked, "Did you feel that?" and Andrew looked at me in awe and said, "Yeah.  I think so."  Then she nudged him again.  And a second later, another nudge.  In retrospect, I think she must have had the hiccups since the movement was so isolated and predictable.  I looked at Andrew and he was a little teary (I get to bust you out, babe, since you're not writing this!)  He gave me a big hug and said, "That was just what I needed tonight."

I was so glad that now Andrew could feel our little girl moving and shaking in there and share in the excitement that there really and truly is a BABY in there!

2 comments:

  1. The first time 'dad' gets to feel baby move is one of the best moments ever! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book wasn't THAT bad. Just a little slow. So sad still that we didn't get to skype. I'm so happy you blog so much. This ensures that I will get to see tons of pictures of your cute baby. I can't wait!! Glad she is a mover and a shaker, and I LOVE when Dad can feel the movement too. Tyler used to sit in church and try to 'catch' June's feet when they poked out. Good times. Hope you three are doing well. We miss you.

    ReplyDelete