It's Fall, y'all!
Okay, I really hate that saying but I loooooooooooooove the season. So happy to see the leaves change on the tree outside Cambria's bedroom window and to feel the chill in the air early in the morning as we drop Andrew off for school.
September 11, we "got downtown" for the annual Lynchburg Get Downtown! street festival. We arrived a little early so that we could walk around Percival Island and grab pizza at Waterstone. Andrew and I were definitely high-fiving each other that we successfully went out to eat with two kids under two years old.
The weekend of September 18-19 we had a movie double feature. Friday night we watched "The Karate Kid" and ate Fall Munch Mix (someone please remind me to add peanut butter M&Ms to this yumminess next year!) So many good lines from this flick:
Okay, I really hate that saying but I loooooooooooooove the season. So happy to see the leaves change on the tree outside Cambria's bedroom window and to feel the chill in the air early in the morning as we drop Andrew off for school.
September 11, we "got downtown" for the annual Lynchburg Get Downtown! street festival. We arrived a little early so that we could walk around Percival Island and grab pizza at Waterstone. Andrew and I were definitely high-fiving each other that we successfully went out to eat with two kids under two years old.
| Lynchburg by drone |
| Cambria was a little worn out and therefore super mellow and Mr. T slept through the whole thing |
- "Stupid bike! I hate this stupid bike!" "What's wrong, Daniel?" "Nothing!!!"
- "Dang [censored], look at those palm trees!"
- "Must be take a worm for a walk week!"
Saturday night we watched "The Goonies" and had Caramel Apple Explosion. Parental FYI: the "s-bomb" is dropped a whopping 19 times by these potty-mouthed kids. Definitely not something I remember as a kid. Perhaps because I was too focused on the inappropriateness of the Walsh's broken statue ("It's my mom's most favorite part!") I wish we could have picked our apples from a local orchard but the apple crop in our area had a lousy year.
And I was finally able to watch a BYU football game. One of the drawbacks of living on the East Coast is that the BYU games usually start at 10:30 PM. No thank you. But on Saturday, the 26th, they played Michigan at BYU. Actually, BYU never really showed up for the game at got creamed 31-0. And another fail for us was the fact that the Spicy Chex Mix I wanted to have during the game didn't come out of the oven until after it was all over. Oops.
But there you have it.
No comments:
Post a Comment