Mitchell Family August 2015

Mitchell Family August 2015

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Grammy and Boompa's Spring Break!

My dad is retired but my mom still continues to work full-time as an elementary school teacher and so vacations for them revolve around the school calendar. This spring, they decided to drive down to Florida to visit Kyle's family--with a "quick" detour to Virginia along the way. We love to have visitors but they are few and far between!

My parents drove all day on Saturday, March 21, and arrived early that evening. Our first order of business was to open the presents that Grammy had brought with her.  Presents always come first! Grammy had made Cambria a Quiet Book for her first birthday. She used the same Peter Rabbit fabric for the cover that Mommy's quiet book had (thank you, random finds on eBay!) There was a matching pillow for Cambria as well.
Cambria especially liked the bunny from her "Rock-a-bye, Baby" page and the cupcake from her "Counting" page. I think she liked the cupcake best because we sang "Happy Birthday" to her every time she picked it up.

After presents and dinner was bath time. Cambria has just learned how fun it is to keep doing something that gets a response from her audience. Tonight, after her bath, I let her run around the apartment in her towel. She thought she was so funny!
I finally corralled her and got her pajamas on but she insisted on putting the towel back on her head and running around again. What a silly girl!
 
The next day we had a broadcast for Stake Conference and then Sunday naps. It was a beautiful day and so once we were freshly rested, we decided to drive around Lynchburg a little bit.
We toured Lynchburg College and got out to peek inside Snowden Chapel where Andrew's white coat ceremony took place when we first moved to Virginia and where his graduation will take place next spring. 

{When I sat in that chapel for the first time in June 2013, I recall daydreaming about what the next three years would have in store for our family. Andrew and I had just found out that we were expecting Cambria and I thought about how she would be two years old at his graduation. I also hoped that we would have  another baby at that point or that I would at least be pregnant. Dreams do come true!}
The Health Sciences graduate building (which will have a PA program this Fall!) is located off-campus and so we drove over there to see where Andrew spends all of his time. It turned out that a lot of his classmates were in the building working on projects and reviewing for an Ortho check-off. It is always fun to run into everyone and the girls are so sweet about spoiling Cambria with lots of attention. Today, they showed her some of the fun things in the lab. We have made some of our best friends here in the LCDPT program!
We had a little time and plenty of sunny weather left to enjoy and so we made our way over to the Awareness Garden at the Ed Page entrance of the Blackwater Creek Trail.
After our little afternoon excursion, we returned home for dinner, bath/bedtime for Cambria and a contentious game of Mexican Train for the adults. Let's just say that the rules in our copy of Mexican Train defy all of the Isenbarger Mexican Train canon regarding the subject. Looks like I need a new version of Mexican Train with the "correct" rules. At least I won.

The next morning, Grammy read Cambria her Quiet Book one more time before Grammy and Boompa left for Florida. We sure loved having them visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment