I found a few fun and inexpensive crafts to do for Valentine's Day this year on Pinterest. The first was a banner made with playing cards:
I had a few red decks of playing cards and some leftover red ribbon from the banner I made for Cambria's hospital bassinet last year. It was a pretty easy project. I just sorted out all of the hearts and diamonds suits and punched two holes in the top of each card. I chose to turn all of the diamonds' cards so that the back was facing forward thus incorporating even more red in the design. Unfortunately, I didn't get a photo of the banner before I packed it away!
The next project was a popsicle stick frame:
I was browsing at Michael's the week of Valentine's Day and saw that the holiday decor was half-off including some mini banner stickers. There was a clearance section with striped and polka dot washi tape. I had a coupon for 40% one regular-priced item and used that for the popsicle sticks. I printed out some wallet-sized photos of Cambria and used some leftover felt heart stickers from her hospital bassinet as well. I was able to make seven frames for under $10 total!
The frames are sitting on my desk waiting to be mailed to grandparents and great-grandparents. So let's consider this a sneak peek!
I had a few red decks of playing cards and some leftover red ribbon from the banner I made for Cambria's hospital bassinet last year. It was a pretty easy project. I just sorted out all of the hearts and diamonds suits and punched two holes in the top of each card. I chose to turn all of the diamonds' cards so that the back was facing forward thus incorporating even more red in the design. Unfortunately, I didn't get a photo of the banner before I packed it away!
The next project was a popsicle stick frame:
I was browsing at Michael's the week of Valentine's Day and saw that the holiday decor was half-off including some mini banner stickers. There was a clearance section with striped and polka dot washi tape. I had a coupon for 40% one regular-priced item and used that for the popsicle sticks. I printed out some wallet-sized photos of Cambria and used some leftover felt heart stickers from her hospital bassinet as well. I was able to make seven frames for under $10 total!
The frames are sitting on my desk waiting to be mailed to grandparents and great-grandparents. So let's consider this a sneak peek!


No comments:
Post a Comment